How do I notify Companies House about new shareholders?



We’ve got a new shareholder we’re bringing on board, and I assume this is something I need to tell Companies House. But how do I go about doing this? Can I do it online, or must I do it by post?

Thank you



You can tell Companies House about new shareholders either online or by post when you file your next annual return. You can complete an annual return online through a company formation agent or Companies House WebFiling, or you can send a return by post. Online is easier.

Where it asks for shareholder details on the annual return, just enter their first and last names. There is no need to provide any address details. This information will be placed on public record shortly thereafter. Remember to also update your statutory register of members at your registered office address.

2 years ago

Your answer