When do I need to tell Companies House about a transfer of company shares?


I’ve just transferred over two shares of a company I was involved in to my daughter. Having never transferred shares before, I’m not sure what to do now. I’m assuming someone needs to tell Companies House. Is it her job as the new shareholder, my job as the old one or does the company need to do it? Cheers



The company director is responsible for telling Companies House about share transfers - they will do this on the next annual return, so there is no need for them to tell Companies House until that time. However, if you would prefer the change in share ownership to be updated on public record immediately, the company can file an early annual return at any time.

2 years ago

Your answer