How do I close a non-trading company?


Good day

I preside over a non-trading catering company in London, and I am ready to shut the company down. Do you know how I would go about making this happen? I’ve never shut down a company before, but I don’t know if the process will be different because the company in question isn’t even trading.


Bailey Barker



The quickest and easiest way to close a non-trading company is to apply to Companies House to have it struck off the register using form DS01. This will only cost you £10 and your company will be dissolved in 3 months if no one objects to its closure.

Before applying for this procedure, your company must meet the following conditions:

  • It has not traded or sold stock in the last 3 months
  • It has not changed its name in the last 3 months
  • It is not threatened with liquidation
  • It does not have any agreements in place with creditors

If you are not eligible to apply for this type of closure, you can voluntarily liquidate (‘wind up’) the company instead.

2 years ago

Your answer


Browse other questions tagged #non-trading-company #close-company or Ask a new question