Can I draw a salary from a dissolved company?


I am the director of a limited company, and I’m thinking about dissolving. If I choose to dissolve, is there any way I can still draw a salary from my company as a director?



No, you cannot. A dissolved company is one that has been struck off the companies register. Once dissolved, your company will cease to exist so you will not be able to draw a salary.

If you want to continue paying yourself a salary through your company, you can make it a non-trading company. This means that the company will not trade or carry on business, but you will be able to continue taking money out of the business bank account as salary or wages.

You can make your company non-trading by contacting HMRC via your local Corporation Tax office. You will still have to file annual returns and annual accounts.

2 years ago

Your answer


Browse other questions tagged #salary #dissolved-company or Ask a new question