How do I strike off a solvent company?


I’d like to strike off a solvent company - and I’d like to do it as quickly as I possibly can. Could one of you legal geniuses please outline how one would go about achieving this? Thank you for your help.



You can dissolve a solvent company in one of two ways:

  • By apply to Companies House to have it struck off the register
  • By starting a members’ voluntary liquidation

The cheapest option is to ask for the company be struck off, but your company must not:

  • Have traded or sold off any assets within the past 3 months
  • Have changed its name within the past 3 months
  • Be threatened with liquidation
  • Have any agreements in place with its creditors

If your company satisfies these requirements, you can complete Companies House form DS01. It must be signed by a majority of the directors (or all directors if the company has only 1 or 2) and delivered with the £10 filing fee.

Companies House will acknowledge your request and publish a notice in your local Gazette. If nobody objects to your company’s closure within 3 months, it will be dissolved and struck off.

You can access more detailed guidance on company dissolution here.

2 years ago

Your answer


Browse other questions tagged #solvent-company or Ask a new question