I am a non-UK resident. How can I register my UK company for VAT?



I am a non-UK resident, and I am getting ready to set up a limited company in the UK. I will operate as one director and shareholder, and I have got a UK-resident partner who will also operate as director. Being a non-resident, will I be able to register our company for VAT? I do not have a National Insurance number.





Afternoon Harrison

As a non-UK resident, you will find it difficult to register your company for VAT on your behalf. But so long as one of your company directors has got a UK National Insurance number, they will be able to provide their details for the purpose of VAT registration.

2 years ago

Your answer