What paperwork must I file to dissolve my company?


Hi. I need to dissolve a private limited by shares company, ideally as soon as possible. If one of you knows how I would dissolve a company, could you please give me a list of the paperwork that I’ll need to file in order to officially dissolve my limited company? Thanks



You will need to fill in an application form for Companies House if you wish to dissolve a limited company. The form you use will depend on the way you choose to close down your company:

  • Apply to strike off a solvent company: Companies House form DS01 ‘Striking off application by a company’.
  • Close a solvent company using a members’ voluntary liquidation: Companies registered in England, Wales and N. Ireland should use a Declaration of Solvency (form 4.70); Scottish companies should use form 4.25 (Scot) from the Accountant in Bankruptcy.
  • Close an insolvent company using a creditors’ voluntary liquidation: Companies in England, Wales and NI should use form 4.19; Scottish companies should use form 4.4 (Scot).

Full guidance on how to close a limited company can be found here.

2 years ago

Your answer


Browse other questions tagged #limited-company #dissolve-company or Ask a new question