Can I reform a dissolved company?


Good afternoon

I run a limited company in Derby. I’m debating shutting down for now and dissolving my company completely. What I’m wondering, though, is what will happen if I change my mind. If I wanted to start things back up, say, in a year or two, could I reform my dissolved company?




The director or shareholder of a dissolved company may apply to Companies House to have it restored if:

  • The company was trading until it was struck off
  • The company was not voluntarily struck off by the directors

To apply for administrative restoration you must complete form RT01 and send it to Companies House with a cheque for £100. You may also have to include any outstanding fees, late filing penalties and documents (e.g. accounts or annual returns) your company may have for Companies House.

If you cannot satisfy the require conditions, you will have to apply for a court order to restore your company.

2 years ago

Your answer