As self employed can I hire someone for £100 a week?


I am self employed and i want to hire someone to do my job on a weekly basis earning £100 a week. Do I need to register as an employer?

2 years ago

Is this person going to be paid wages or is he/she going to invoice you on a weekly/monthly basis? If you are “employing” someone – giving them a contract and paying them a salary – you would need to register as an “employer” with HMRC.

2 years ago



Yes, you require registering as employer with HMRC:


Your answer


Browse other questions tagged #self-employed-or-employer or Ask a new question