My husband Is an aircraft engineer and works as a contractor. What type of company could he set up?


He uses an umbrella company but he intends to set up his own company in order to avoid the high taxes he's paying now. Most of his colleagues have set up their own companies.



He should set up a private limited by shares company. This is the standard vehicle for contractors wishing to set up a limited company. He can be the sole director and shareholder. A company secretary is not required.

2 years ago

Your answer


Browse other questions tagged #contractor-aircraft-engineering-uk or Ask a new question