Who do I need to inform if I would like to form a company limited by guarantee?


I would like to form a limited by guarantee company in the UK. Who should I inform about this? Is there a particular government body I have got to do this through, or can I contact someone to do this on my behalf?



To set up your limited by guarantee company, you will have to complete an incorporation application for the registrar of companies (Companies House). You can do this done online through a formation agent.

Companies House will notify HMRC when your company is set up. You will get a letter from HMRC within a week or so asking you to register your new company for taxes when you start trading.

2 years ago

Your answer


Browse other questions tagged #limited-company #limited-by-guarantee or Ask a new question