Can I obtain a certificate of good standing if I owe money to Companies House?


Hiya, so this is a strictly hypothetical, but let’s say my company owed money to Companies House. Would that debt keep me from getting my hands on a certificate of good standing, or would I still be able to grab one? Thanks



No, unfortunately this is not possible. If your company has any outstanding fees to pay to Companies House, you will not be eligible to receive a certificate of good standing.

Once you have paid the fees, you can apply for a certificate if your annual accounts and annual return filings are up to date, too. Your company must also have at least one director who is a natural person, as opposed to a corporate body.

2 years ago

Your answer