Can I obtain a certificate of good standing if my company is in debt?



My company is in mild debt to two creditors. However, I would like to earn a certificate of good standing for my company before I settle those debts. Is this possible, do you know?

Many thanks to you

Edward Carr



Hi Edward,

You should be able to obtain a certificate of good standing for your company, as long as:

  • You are up to date with your statutory requirements for Companies House.
  • The company has been in continued and unbroken existence since its incorporation .
  • You do not have any outstanding fees to pay to Companies House.
  • No one, including your creditors, is taking any action against your company to have it struck off the register.
  • The company has at least one appointed director who is a natural person - i.e. not a corporate body.

You can find out more and apply for a certificate online here.

Good luck and all the best.

2 years ago

Your answer


Browse other questions tagged #certificate-of-good-standing #debts or Ask a new question