Can I change my registered office address?


A few months ago, I incorporated a limited company through a formation agency. I used their registered office address service because we did not have a physical address for our business. Now, we’ve got a permanent premises on a long-term lease, and I’m happy for that address to be made public on the register. Could one of you please give me a quick outline on how I can go about changing my registered office address?



Yes, it’s very easy to change your registered office address. As long as your new business premises are situated in the same part of the UK in which your company is incorporated, you can use that address as your new registered office.

To notify Companies House, you must complete form AD01 and deliver it online via WebFiling or by post. Alternatively, you can inform Companies House by logging into your client account on your formation agent’s website. This is free of charge and is usually the quickest option.

Companies House will update your company details on the public register. You are responsible for updating the address details on your website and business stationery.

2 years ago

Your answer


Browse other questions tagged #registered-office-address or Ask a new question