Do I need to submit my annual accounts to both Companies House and HMRC?


I’m preparing my annual accounts for my limited company, which I know I am obligated to send to Companies House. I’m curious: do I also need to submit this to HMRC? Thank you for your assistance! It is very much appreciated.



Yes, you need to prepare annual accounts for Companies House and HMRC. Your accounts for Companies House can usually be abbreviated, depending on the size of your company, but you must submit full statutory accounts for HMRC when you file your Company Tax Return at the end of each accounting period.

You can find out more about how to prepare and file annual accounts here.

a year ago

Your answer