Do you need to file an annual return to inform of a change in a shareholder's name?



There is a shareholder in my private limited company who got married last week, and so she has changed her surname. I obviously need to let Companies House know this, but do I need to file an entire annual return just to do this?

Oliver Sullivan



Hi Oliver,

Yes, you will need to file an annual return to update the shareholder’s details but you can wait until the return is due - you don’t need to file it early if you don’t want to.

a year ago

Your answer