Who do I need to inform if I change my trading address?


Our company would like to alter its trading address slightly. Is there a particular individual or industry body that we are obliged to inform about making such a change?



Yes - if you change the trading address of your business, you must notify each department of HMRC that you’re registered with - Corporation Tax, PAYE, VAT and Self-Assessment. You can do this online free of charge.

You do not have to notify Companies House because trading addresses are not displayed on public record, unless the address is also used as a registered office.

Other than that, you will just need to inform your customers and business contacts and update your website, company stationery and anything else that bears your trading address details.

a year ago

Your answer


Browse other questions tagged #limited-company #trading-address or Ask a new question