How do I report changes to Companies House?


Heya, our company has added a new shareholder, which I’m assuming we are supposed to tell Companies House. How are we supposed to report changes to Companies House as a limited company?



Company changes can be reported to Companies House in three ways:

  • Online via Companies House WebFiling Service
  • Online via your company formation agent’s software filing service
  • By post using Companies House paper forms

You report changes to your company name, registered office address, SAIL address, share capital, officers’ details and your accounting reference date (ARD) by completing the appropriate form and delivering it to Companies House online or by post.

To update shareholder details, however, you will have to complete and file an annual return. You do not have to report changes to shareholders’ details immediately - you can simply wait until your next annual return is due. But if you would rather update this information now, you can file an early annual return.

You will have to pay £13.00 to deliver a return online. Postal returns cost £40.00 so it’s much better to register for WebFiling and submit an annual return online. It is also quicker and more secure.

a year ago

Your answer