Can I change my Authentication Code?


Hi, I am struggling with WebFiling. The authentication code I am supposed to use isn’t working at all. Is it possible to change my code, or am I simply stuck with the rotten one I’ve got? Best wishes



Yes, you can request a new authentication code from Companies House if you are not happy with the one you have been given. To do so, follow these steps:

  • Sign in to your WebFiling account
  • Click on ‘Company Authentication’ on the left-hand side of your company overview screen
  • Enter a new 6 character code twice
  • Click ‘Change Code’

Your new authentication code should be valid the next day. If you want to find out more about the WebFiling service, take a look through Companies House Help and Support page.

a year ago

Your answer