Can I withdraw my application to have my company struck off at Companies House?


Help me, please! I’ve applied to have my company struck off the register, but my business partner and I have since had a chat and want to withdraw the application. Is that even possible? Bonus points for a timely response!



Yes, you can withdraw your striking off application if you change your mind or your circumstances change, as long as your company is still on the register. Only one director is required to sign the withdrawal form for Companies House.

You can apply to withdraw your application online via the WebFiling Service, or you can apply by post using Companies House form DS03. The following details should be entered on the form:

  • Company name and registration number
  • Director’s signature (postal form) or ‘consent to act’ confirmation (online form)
  • Contact details of person submitting the form
a year ago

Your answer