How do I strike my company off the Companies House public register of companies?


Hi guys

I am trying to shut things down with my company, and need to strike it off the public register. Does anybody know how I’m supposed to go about doing that?

Thank you




You can strike off your limited company by completing form DS01 and filing it at Companies House with the £10 fee. This will result in your company being closed down and struck off the companies register. It will no longer exist once the striking off process has been completed, which usually takes around 3 months.

To be eligible to do this, your company must not:

  • Have traded in the past three months
  • Have changed its name in the past three months
  • Be threatened with liquidation
  • Have any agreements in place with its creditors, e.g. a creditors voluntary arrangement (CVA)

If your company can satisfy all of these requirements, you should complete form DS01. You will have to state the company name and number and have the form signed by a majority of the directors.

Once received at Companies House, your striking off application will be advertised in the Gazette for three months to allow objections to be raised. If no one objects to the closure of your company, it will be struck off after three months.

For full guidance on closing down your company, please click here.

a year ago

Your answer