i am a tier 2 sponsored working full time, can i start a private limited company


i work for company X, and i have started a PhD this semester. i need to form a private limited company in the UK so that i can assign all my PhD IP to my company.

the current situation with the university is that i need to assign all my IP to the university unless i am employed by another company, then the university must sign an agreement with my employer.

my current employer is not sponsoring my PhD, i am self funded. therefor, i need a legal entity in the UK which i can transfer my PhD IP to.



Your answer